Monday, January 07, 2013

The Blogger Returns

Well - hello there!

Yes,it's been quite a while since I've blogged.  But I totally have the best excuse.  You see, you know how you make all these plans for your life, and God watches and laughs and says "whatever dude - I have something else in mind?"

That something else can be a doozy.  You see, I have cancer.  Ovarian cancer.  I was diagnosed last October, had surgery October 30th, and told I was stage 4.  But just because I have fluid around my lungs with cancer cells in it.  

It's been a crazy few months.  I've been humbled, amazed, gratified, and blessed.  My husband and I have grown closer than I could have ever imagined.  People have reached out to me and my family and just blessed us all over the place.

Yet it hasn't been fun.  I've had all kinds of complications, and my recovery from surgery has been slow.  I struggle at times, asking why I get the complications, why it hasn't been easier, when did someone change my name to Job?  

But then I am reassured by His grace, by blessings unexpected.  And I gird my loins so to speak - for the battle ahead of me.  Because I have no intention of being the 70% who don't survive stage 4 ovarian cancer.  Nope - I'm going to be that 30% that beats it.

There's just no other option.

No comments:

Post a Comment