Thursday, September 07, 2006

Stage IV

That's what stage my mom-in-law's cancer is in. Her official diagnosis is Stage IV Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. She gets a stent next Tuesday, then starts her chemo.

Did you know the abbreviation for Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma is NHL. Just like my favorite sport. Life is weird. And this whole thing has me slightly freaked, so forgive me if I seem sporadic for awhile. I'm really trying to concentrate for work, but I knew if I didn't get this down, it would just run through my head over and over and I'd never be able to get on with it.

It? Why the business of life, of course. Of cupporting my husband, and being a positive influence for him while he deals with his mama having cancer. Maybe this is why I've felt the need to work on my faith lately. Because God knew this was coming, and knew I'd need Him - as usual. And my hubby will need Him as well. It's hard, as we're 4 hours away from my mom-in-law, and 2 hours away from where she'll get treatment, and I work full time, and the boys are in school...but we'll find someway to make sure she is taken care of.

Tonight is E's first football game. I was really really looking forward to it before we got the news about MIL. Now I'm just really looking forward to it. I enjoy football - and this will probably be the first community activity I've gone to in Ropes, our soon to be new home. I'm hoping I'll have a chance to meet some of our neighbors, maybe see my cousin's wife, and taking plenty of pictures of E's first game. Hopefully he'll get some playing time. And hopefully - it'll help ground us all - since right now I feel like everything just shifted under us.

No comments:

Post a Comment